Skip to Main content

Additional VA Benefits

Students receiving VA education benefits may also be eligible for additional benefits, such as a housing allowance and book stipend.

Housing Allowance

Post-9/11 GI Bill®

To receive a housing allowance, you must be enrolled at least half time during a semester. This can vary based on how long each course is, how long the term is, whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, and if you are taking your courses online or in person.

To be eligible for the full amount of the housing allowance, you must be enrolled full time for the entire semester.

Undergraduate Students: Undergraduate students must take more than six credit hours to be considered for the pro-rated housing allowance.

Graduate Students: Graduate students must take at least five credit hours during each long semester and four credit hours during each summer session to remain eligible for the pro-rated housing allowance.

View Housing Rates

Other VA education benefits programs also offer housing allowances. To view the requirements and rates, please visit the Education and Training page on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Book Stipend

If you are a recipient of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, you are eligible to receive an annual book stipend. Stipends are usually dispersed the week prior to the start of the semester.

Rate: $41.67 per credit hour ($1,000 annual cap)