Skip to Main content

Transfer Students

ASU accepts transfer credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities.

Grades from all transferable courses will be used for admission purposes, but will not be calculated into a student’s cumulative GPA at ASU. Only transfer grades of C or above will potentially be used toward an ASU degree plan.

Developmental, technical and vocational courses are non-transferable and are not calculated for admission purposes.

Transfer Student VA Benefit Information

Transfer students and dependents who have used VA education benefits at another college or university should complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training through veterans online application (VONAPP.)


Transfer Student Hazelwood Act Information

Students who have utilized the Hazlewood Act at another Texas college or university will need to re-apply for the exemption at ASU. Applications and eligibility information can be found on the Texas Veterans Commission website.