The CLEP is a range of tests that makes it possible for you to earn college credit by achieving qualifying scores on one or more exams.
Cost and Eligibility for Free Testing
If you meet the eligibility requirements below, you may qualify to register for the exam at no cost. The following groups are funded under contract with DANTES:
- Military personnel (active duty, reserve, National Guard): Army, Navy, Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Army and Air National Guard.
- Spouses of Coast Guard (active and reserve)
- Civilian employees of: Air Force*
For further details about eligibility, please visit the CLEP Military Benefits page.
You may not repeat an exam for the same title within three months of the initial testing date. If you retake the exam within the three-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled and any test fees will be forfeited. Inquire about your college’s regulations before registering for retesting. DANTES-funded examinees: Effective December 11, 2010, DANTES no longer funds retesting on previously funded CLEP exams with the same title. However, service members may personally fund a retest after waiting three months.
Students must register through CLEP and the ASU GAFB Testing Center Registration Process.
- Register for your desired test through CLEP. You must clearly specify your military status during the My Account process. When purchasing an exam in My Account, you will be asked if you are eligible for DANTES funding in the “Edit Personal Details,” section of the process. Military test takers must correctly designate themselves as DANTES funded and answer questions about their military status in order to receive DANTES funding. When selecting the Test Center site, search for Angelo State University and select Angelo State University – Goodfellow AFB. Print your registration confirmation.
- Register for a time to take the test through the ASU Testing Schedule webpage.
ASU students need to also have a Dean’s Approval Form for CLEP Examinations signed by the dean of their major academic college. The Dean’s Approval Form will be submitted to the Testing Center during check-in on your scheduled exam date/time.
CLEP Exams are administered on the following days:
- Tuesdays between 0800 and 1200
- Thursdays between 1300 and 1700
- First Saturday of every month between 0800 and 1000.
Please check the Testing Schedule for more information on availability.