Preparing for Your Test
It is important that you prepare for your test to understand the material that will be covered in the test and the structure of the tests.
The information below will direct you to resources to help you prepare for a successful test.
- Online test preparation materials for DSST exams can be found here.
- Online test preparation materials for CLEP exams can be found here.
When you register for a CLEP exam, the examination guide will be added to your cart automatically prior to checkout. After registering for your CLEP test, you will receive the corresponding CLEP examination guide automatically, at no costs. DANTES-funded candidates can also order free CLEP examination guides separately, even if they have not yet registered for an exam. For more information, visit the CLEP Military Benefits website.
The Day of Your Test
- Report to the GAFB Consolidated Learning Center Room S113 10 minutes prior to the start of your test.
- Bring a valid picture ID.
- Bring your Geneva Convention Identification Card (Common Access Card- CAC).
- For CLEP tests, bring a printed copy of your registration confirmation from the CLEP website.
- Bring limited personal belongings. Personal belongings must be stored in a designated storage area in the testing center.
- Do not bring calculators, pencils, or paper. Calculators are not allowed. Scratch paper and pencils will be provided to you.
Testing Center Rules and Regulations
- Valid picture IDs will be used to verify that the student testing is enrolled in each course.
- All belongings will be left in storage units at the testing center.
- The testing center observes all university closures as well as any university delays due to inclement weather, natural disaster, or otherwise as announced by Angelo State University. The testing center is also closed on holidays observed by Goodfellow Air Force Base.
- No personal equipment may be used. All materials and scrap paper provided by the Testing Center must be returned to the monitoring staff before the student leaves the area.
- No electronic equipment, phones, hand-held devices, books, hats, calculators, etc., will be allowed in the testing booth. Books or notes are only allowed when the instructor has authorized an open book/notes test.
- No food, gum or drinks are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Once students are seated, no discussion is allowed. Quiet is expected.
- Testing begins when a student logs on and ends when the student logs off or time has expired.
- Students can only enter an assigned test. No other programs can be accessed.
- A printer connection is not available for every test. Only certain tests have a printer connection to print the end-of-test score report. Your test administrator will notify you if it is possible to print your test report.
- If students encounter problems with a computer program, they should notify the monitoring staff, who will contact Information Technology. If additional testing time is required, the course instructor will authorize the adjustment.
- Monitoring staff do not have answers to any exam and cannot give assistance on testing items.
- Students are to log out of the exam when they are done, but are asked not to close the security section.