Contracting Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Professional Services, Consultants, and Services?
Planning is Important
- If possible, please allow at least six weeks for review and approval of contracts. If a contract involves technology, the Offices of Contract Administration and Information Technology must review.
- Any contract more than $100,000 must be approved by the TTUS CFO prior to execution.
- If a contract requires BOR approval, the contract will not be reviewed until the next scheduled board meeting.
- If a contract is greater than $500,000 per annum or greater than 4 years unless with 120 day or less cancellation notice, the contract must go to BOR for approval.
- Remember to follow the bidding requirements in Operating Policy 54.04 Purchase of Goods and Services. The attached flowchart summarizes the planning stage of the contract process.
- Once a contract is approved by the Contract Administration Office and signed, please remember to create your on-line requisition and attach a copy of the contract.
Questions? Contact Us!