Applying For Your Visa
You must have a valid visa in your passport to enter the United States.
Your visa is a permit stamped inside your passport by an official of another country’s consulate or embassy that enables you to enter that country.
A visa to enter the U.S. is only issued at a U.S. consulate outside of the United States. The most common type of visa issued for study in the U.S. is the F-1 visa. Students attending ASU should apply for an F-1 visa.
Visa Application Requirements
- SEVIS Form I-20 issued by the university for attendance
- Admission letter for acceptance to an academic or language program
- Valid passport that does not expire for at least six months
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of ties to your home country (You’ll need to show you intend to go back to your home country upon completion of studies.)
- Proof of visa application fee
- Proof of SEVIS I-901 fee payment
- Passport-size photo
Do you have a question or need help with the application process? Complete the International Studies Help Request Form and we’ll be happy to help you.