Ram Ready Engineering Program
Get a head start on your four-year engineering degree.
Are you interested in pursuing a degree in civil or mechanical engineering? Then our Ram Ready Engineering program is for you!
Our partnership allows you to take intro-level engineering classes while still at your junior college. Once you’ve completed your associate degree, you can take advantage of a seamless transition to Angelo State to finish your bachelor’s degree.
Our partnering institutions for this program are:
- Howard College
If you are interested in participating in Ram Ready Engineering, you must:
- Successfully complete at least nine (9) credit hours of core course work at your current institution.
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Attain a minimum of C or better in the following engineering major support courses:
- Math 1314 College Algebra
- Math 1316 Trigonometry
- Math 2312 Pre-Calculus (as required to enter Calculus I)
Along with the student support services available at your home institution, you will also have access to the following services at Angelo State:
- Academic advising
- Library services, including access to our virtual databases
Plus, once you earn your associate degree, you can apply as a transfer student to Angelo State and have your application fee waived!
Once you transfer to ASU, be sure to fulfill all the engineering fundamental requirements outlined in the University Catalog before officially declaring a civil or mechanical engineering major. Visit the David L. Hirschfeld Department of Engineering webpage for more information about our engineering programs.