Angelo State University is home to the Carr Scholarship, our premier scholarship program available exclusively to ASU students.
Funded by one of the largest endowments at a U.S. university, Carr Scholarships are academic scholarships awarded based on your academic achievements. Additional funds are available to those who show financial need through your FAFSA.
Awards are based on your ACT or SAT test scores (or your class rank when test scores are not available) and your high school GPA.
- For ACT tests, we review the composite score.
- For SAT tests, we review the math and evidence-based reading/writing score.
- High school GPA’s are calculated on a 4.0 scale.
|Amount per year||Test Scores, Rank and GPA Requirements||
||34-36||or||1490-1600||test score required||and||4.0|
|$8,000||32-33||or||1420-1480||test score required||and||4.0|
|$6,000||29-31||or||1330-1410||test score required||and||4.0|
|$4,000||27-28||or||1260-1320||test score required||and||3.75|
|$3,000||24-26||or||1160-1250||test score required||and||3.5|
*GPA always required, no matter what level you qualify for.
Plus, you could qualify for an additional $1,000 each year based on your FAFSA. Students in the ASU Honors Program qualify for an additional $3,000 per year.
- You must be accepted for admission to ASU before April 1.
- You must submit your test scores and/or high school transcript to Angelo State.
- You must have fewer than 12 transfer credit hours (excluding dual credit). If you have 12 or more transfer hours, you will be automatically considered for a Carr Transfer Scholarship.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will review your progress at the end of each spring semester to determine if you qualify for continued eligibility of your Carr Scholarship.