Angelo State University is home to the Carr Scholarship, our premier scholarship program available exclusively to ASU students.
Funded by one of the largest endowments at a U.S. regional university, these scholarships are awarded based on your academic achievements.
Awards are based on your ACT or SAT test scores (or your class rank when test scores are not available) and your high school GPA.
- For ACT tests, we review the composite score.
- For SAT tests, we review the math and evidence-based reading/writing score.
- High school GPA’s are calculated on a 4.0 scale.
|Amount per year||Test Scores and Rank Requirements||GPA|
||34-36||or||1490-1600||test score required||3.5-4.0|
|$8,000||32-33||or||1420-1480||test score required||3.5-4.0|
|$6,000||29-31||or||1330-1410||test score required||3.5-4.0|
Students in the ASU Honors Program qualify for an additional $3,000 per year.
- You must be accepted for admission to ASU.
- You must submit your test scores and/or high school transcript to Angelo State.
- You must have fewer than 12 transfer credit hours (excluding dual credit). If you have 12 or more transfer hours, you will be automatically considered for a Carr Transfer Scholarship.
The Scholarship Programs Office will review your progress at the end of each spring semester to determine if you qualify for continued eligibility of your Carr Scholarship.