Your Future, Our Commitment.
ASU Distinguished Scholarships are awarded based on your ACT/SAT scores,
class rank, and/or high school GPA.
- ACT – we review the composite score.
- SAT – we review the math and evidence-based reading/writing scores.
- High school GPAs are calculated on a 4.0 scale.
We also strongly encourage you to complete the FAFSA to see if you qualify for additional funds.
|Amount per year||Test Scores, Rank and GPA Requirements|
|ACT||SAT||Class Rank||Min GPA|
|$10,000||34-36||or||1490-1600||test score required||and||4.0|
|$8,000||32-33||or||1420-1480||test score required||and||4.0|
|$6,000||29-31||or||1330-1410||test score required||and||4.0|
|$4,000||27-28||or||1260-1320||test score required||and||3.75|
|$3,000||24-26||or||1160-1250||test score required||and||3.5|
Students in the ASU Honors Program qualify for an additional $3,000 per year.
- You must be accepted for admission to ASU, with a priority acceptance date of April 1 for fall admission or Oct. 15 for spring admission. Students admitted after those dates will be reviewed for a scholarship to the extent funds are available.
- You must submit your test scores and/or high school transcript to Angelo State.
- You must have fewer than 12 transfer credit hours (excluding dual credit). If you have 12 or more transfer hours, you will be automatically considered for an ASU Distinguished Transfer Scholarship.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will review your progress at the end of each spring semester to determine if you remain eligible for your ASU Distinguished Scholarship.