In-State Tuition Waiver
Students that will be attending Angelo State University who are not Texas residents
may be eligible for in-state tuition.
The Texas Education Code Sec. 54.213 allows an institution of higher education to charge a non-resident student who holds a competitive scholarship of at least $1,000 for the academic year or summer term for which the student is enrolled resident tuition and fees without regard to the length of time the student has resided in Texas.
Competitive scholarships are funds that both Texas residents as well as non-resident students may qualify for. Competitive scholarships at ASU include, but are not limited to:
- All ASU Distinguished Scholarships
- Athletic Scholarships
- ASU Donor Endowed Scholarships (ASU General or ASU Departmental)
- ASU Performance Scholarships (band, choir, theatre etc.)
If you are a non-resident, and you have qualified for any of the scholarships listed above, you may be eligible for in-state tuition as long as you hold that scholarship.
- You are admitted to ASU as a degree-seeking student and qualify for one of the competitive scholarships outlined above.
- The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will review your account, and will run a process that will calculate your tuition bill as in-state.
- You will be notified via email when you have qualified for in-state tuition.
Tuition Comparison Chart
The above reflects the difference in tuition only. It does not reflect all fees. The amounts used are for estimation purposes only and are not a representation of a tuition and fee bill.
At the end of each academic year, when the Spring semester grades are posted, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will review your eligibility for continuation of in-state tuition.
- Students who hold a competitive scholarship and have met the renewal requirements for their scholarship will continue to receive in-state tuition the next academic year.
- Students who no longer hold a competitive scholarship will be notified by email that all future tuition bills will be calculated at non-resident tuition rates.
Questions? Contact Us!