The Angelo State University Presidential Search Committee consists of nine members who represent multiple ASU and TTU System constituencies, including executive leadership, deans, regents, donors, faculty, along with community members. The committee will help identify potential candidates, assist with initial screenings and ensure their respective constituency groups are kept updated on the search progress.
To fulfill this charge, all members of the Presidential Search Committee have signed a Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreement that prohibits them from publicly identifying any person who is being considered for the position.
Members of the search committee include:
- Mickey Long (Lubbock) - Committee Chair, former chairman and current member of the TTU System Board of Regents, 35 years in the oil and gas industry, ASU alumnus
- Jamie Akin (San Angelo) - Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, ASU; ASU alumna
- Kendra Burris (Lubbock) - Deputy Chancellor, Office of the Chancellor, TTU System
- Joe Henderson (San Angelo) - former president of Porter Henderson Implement Company; ASU alumnus
- Crystal Kreitler (San Angelo) - Associate Professor, Department of Psychology and Sociology; President, Faculty Senate, ASU; ASU alumna
- Jean Ann LeGrand (San Angelo) - Chairman Emeritus, ASU Alumni Association; Supporter and Board member, ASU Foundation and Angelo State Athletic Foundation; ASU alumna
- Alvin New (San Angelo) - Partner, BNB Ventures; Owner, 4N Ranches; Director, Texas Tech Foundation; ASU alumnus
- John Steinmetz (Dallas) - member of the TTU System Board of Regents; CEO of Vista Bank
- Paul Swets (San Angelo) - Dean and Professor, College of Science and Engineering, ASU