The EPI Center provides academic advising services to undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Education, as well as certification advising for students on certification degree plans across the Angelo State University campus. The EPI Center advising staff works closely with faculty and other support services to provide academic and career path advising.
The mission of the EPI Center is to provide quality information, guidance, and support services to educator preparation candidates as they work towards their academic and professional goals. The EPI Center team will provide the foundation and comprehensive knowledge for our candidates to achieve educator certification.
- To foster the academic, professional, and personal growth of candidates.
- To promote meaningful relationships among candidates, faculty, and staff.
- To effectively communicate educator preparation information in a timely and accurate manner.
- To increase recruiting and retention efforts through various activities, media outlets, and public forums.
- To monitor and assist academically at-risk candidates to ensure requirements are met for educator certification.
- To keep informed and abide by federal, state, and university regulations and policies in order to maintain accreditation.
Please stop by and visit our beautiful center. We welcome your suggestions and comments!
Wendy Sklenarik, Director
Educator Preparation Information Center