International Graduate Student Admission Requirements
Thank you for your interest in Angelo State University! We love welcoming international students to campus. In addition to meeting the regular admission requirements of your degree program, we require additional application materials for international students.
We need all the application materials listed below on file before we can issue a Form I-20 Certificate for Eligibility.
- Application for Admission with the mandatory $50 application fee (international money order payable in U.S. dollars).
- Official transcripts of previous academic records with English translation, if original transcript is not in English.
- An evaluation of your transcript(s) by an official foreign transcript evaluator. The preferred service is Foreign Credential Services of America, but any company in the United States is acceptable. Evaluations must be completed in English and include semester credit hours and letter grades. The approximate cost is U.S. $175 for a full evaluation. All transcripts become the property of Angelo State University once submitted and cannot be returned to applicants.
Proof of English Proficiency
As an international student, you will need to prove your language proficiency by taking one of the exams below and meeting the minimum score listed.
|Paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||550 (with a minimum of 55 on each of the three sections)|
|Computer-based TOEFL||213 (with a minimum of 17 on each of the three sections)|
|IBT TOEFL||79 (with a minimum of 20 on each of the four sections)|
|IELTS, Academic Module||7|
Please complete and return these forms to the College of Graduate Studies:
- Supplemental Information Form provides additional information about your citizenship.
- Official Financial Statement contains information about a sponsor who can guarantee your financial support while you are in the United States.
Center for International Studies
Visit Angelo State’s Center for International Studies website to learn more about these important parts of your study abroad experience: