Information for Thesis Students
It is imperative that graduate students are familiar with the policies and processes that a thesis program entails.
Steps towards a Master’s Thesis should serve as a general guide and timeline for helping students get started in their pursuit of completing a thesis. Comprehensive information regarding thesis processes and thesis formatting is found in the Thesis Manual.
- Steps towards a Master’s Thesis
- Thesis Manual
- Thesis Committee Chair Responsibilities
- Final Thesis Checklist
- Thesis Format Form
- Application for Appointment of Graduate Thesis Advisory Committee
- Research Compliance (IRB/IACUC forms)
These thesis templates are for the title, committee, and signature pages and are divided depending on the number of committee members you have.
Thesis Formatting Aids
Use these documents to help you format your thesis correctly:
- Common Thesis Formatting Mistakes
- Thesis landscape table format
- Thesis margins with notes
- Creating a table of contents, Word 2010
- Merging PDF files
- Margins for page number placement, Word 2010
- Thesis Proposal Deadline for August Graduates - Mar. 15, 2024, 5 p.m.
- Thesis Proposal Deadline for December Graduates - Aug. 1, 2024, 5 p.m.
- Thesis Proposal Deadline for May Graduates - Dec. 1, 2024, 5 p.m.
Thesis Defense and Final Thesis Submission
These deadlines change according to graduation dates. Please view the Academic Calendar for exact date.
How to Submit a Proposal or Final Thesis Document
- All documents need to be submitted via email. Please do not submit through campus mail nor hand deliver.
- Email in PDF format to GAfirstname.lastname@example.org .
- If digital signatures are needed, include a formatted and unsigned Signature Page in your document as the First Cover Page.
- If signatures were received in person, attach the Signature Page to your document as the First Cover Page.
- See section E in Thesis Manual for proposal checklist.
- Final Thesis
- The Signature Page cannot be part of your final electronic submission to TDL.
- If digital signatures are needed, attach a formatted and unsigned Signature Page separate from your thesis document in same email.
- If signatures were received in person, scan and attach the signed Signature Page separate from your thesis document in the same email.
- See section T in Thesis Manual for further submission details.
Contact the graduate program advisor for your major to get more information about thesis options. For assistance with thesis deadlines and submission email the Thesis Coordinator at GAemail@example.com or call 325-942-2169.