What to Expect
Our professional advisors meet with each of our students at least once a semester for advising appointments. In these appointments, the student and the advisor discuss:
- General well-being and the student’s life
- Academics and grades
- Classes for the upcoming semester
- Academic resources
- Prerequisites and degree checklists
How to Prepare
You can make the most out of your advising appointment by reviewing your degree evaluation and writing down any questions beforehand.
- Review your degree evaluation.
- Look up available classes.
- Bring the classes you’re interested in and any questions to your meeting.
- Registration Instructions
- Science Core Options
- Creative Arts Core Options
- Language/Philosophy/Culture Core Options
How’s Your GPA?
Schedule an appointment with us to discuss how your grades may change your GPA. Bring the following forms for a more informed meeting.
Faculty Advising and Mentoring
When NVCOB students reach junior standing (60+ earned hours) or register for ACCT 2302 (AEF majors), they are transferred to a faculty advisor for their major.
Not sure who you should meet with? Contact our office!
Know Your Right to Privacy
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) governs the release of and access to student records. Advisors can only speak to the student about the student’s records - regardless of the student’s age or who pays the student’s bill. Students can add a parent/guardian as an Authorized User and give Proxy access through RamPort.