Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC)
ASU has partnered with the Texas Department of Information Resources to pilot the RSOC initiative.
The Angelo State University Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC) will provide cybersecurity services to local, regional and state entities with the goal of strengthening the region’s cybersecurity posture.
- Real-time network security monitoring to detect and respond to network security events that may jeopardize participating organizations and the residents of this state
- Alerts and guidance for defeating security threats
- Immediate response to counter security activity that exposes participating entities and the residents of this state to risk, including remote and on-site cybersecurity incident responders
- Guidance on implementing cybersecurity policies and plans to improve the cybersecurity posture of RSOC customers
- Educational and awareness services to assist participating organizations in establishing and strengthening sound security practices, including developing model policies and plans to assist participating organizations in maturing their cybersecurity posture
Paid Student Positions
In addition to internships, we offer on-campus job opportunities to give you the practical experience and tools necessary to succeed after graduation.
We utilize industry leading endpoint protection, logging, monitoring and alerting capabilities. The RSOC will be staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by security professionals and ASU student interns.
- Security Information and Environment Management (SIEM) tool that detects, analyzes and responds to security threats
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tool for real-time monitoring of data collection
- Cutting-edge computer, video and software systems
Local, regional and state entities that enlist RSOC services can expect:
- Improved cybersecurity posture
- Improved protection
- Improved training
- Resilience to cyber attacks
- Faster response to cyber threats
- Improved cybersecurity sharing
Questions? Contact Us!
Director of Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Cyber Intelligence, Innovation, and Security Studies