ASU Small Business Development Center
69 N. Chadbourne St.
San Angelo, TX 76903
Building the Texas economy, one business at a time!
The ASU SBDC is part of a regional network of SBDCs throughout the South-West Texas Border Network. Our services include confidential, one-on-one, no-cost business advising services by Certified Business Advisors, along with a diverse array of business training events. Some of their areas of expertise include; Business Startup or Expansion, Business Financing, Business Planning, Doing Business with the Government, Loan Proposals, and Marketing. Contact us today to set up a no-cost and confidential appointment with an SBDC advisor.
- <p><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,889,859/35891_WBF_Mobile_Window_Tinting_2.rev.1544129732.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,889,859/35891_WBF_Mobile_Window_Tinting_2.rev.1544129732.JPG 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,889,859/35891_WBF_Mobile_Window_Tinting_2.rev.1544129732.JPG" alt="Cynthia & Michael MitchellAdvisor: Dezaray Johnson" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </p><p class="subtitle">Success Stories</p><h3><a href="/live/news/16705-wbf-mobile-window-tinting">WBF Mobile Window Tinting</a></h3> “The SBDC were instrumental in assisting us in starting our business. Their direction and instructions made the process easy. They’re such a great friendly team.”
- <p><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1164,653/35887_RDI_FY18_5.rev.1544127038.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1164,653/35887_RDI_FY18_5.rev.1544127038.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1164,653/35887_RDI_FY18_5.rev.1544127038.jpg" alt="Jason BradleyAdvisor: James Leavelle" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </p><p class="subtitle">Success Stories</p><h3><a href="/live/news/16165-rdi-fabricators">RDI Fabricators</a></h3> “Mr. Leavelle helped in giving the resources needed to make a presentation to the bank and to Mr. Dicke in order to receive financing.” Jason is now the 100% owner of the business.
- <p><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3000,2000/34439_Big_Hungry.rev.1529350164.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3000,2000/34439_Big_Hungry.rev.1529350164.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3000,2000/34439_Big_Hungry.rev.1529350164.jpg" alt="Billy DaleAdvisor: Dezaray Johnson" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </p><p class="subtitle">Success Stories</p><h3><a href="/live/news/16164-big-hungry-cafe">Big Hungry Cafe</a></h3> “The SBDC employee has been a great asset to my business. Helping in all aspects without the help I might not have made it. I am still not over the hump but feel like with continued help, I will succeed.”
- <p><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,512,512/34449_Deadhorse_1.rev.1529352949.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,512,512/34449_Deadhorse_1.rev.1529352949.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,512,512/34449_Deadhorse_1.rev.1529352949.jpg" alt="John Karcher" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </p><p class="subtitle">Success Stories</p><h3><a href="/live/news/16169-the-deadhorse-live-music-venue">The Deadhorse Live Music Venue</a></h3> “ Mr. Leavelle helped do my LLC and was immaculate at teaching the classes I took for the certification program gave me a huge insight to taking over the business as well as helping me understand the business aspect of things I was aware of. Couldn’t have done it without!”
- <p><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1276,851/35895_Engine_Pro.rev.1544133426.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1276,851/35895_Engine_Pro.rev.1544133426.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/105/width/380/height/380/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1276,851/35895_Engine_Pro.rev.1544133426.jpg" alt="Danny NuñezAdvisor: Dave Erickson" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </p><p class="subtitle">Success Stories</p><h3><a href="/live/news/16707-engine-pro-machine-llc">Engine Pro Machine LLC</a></h3> Erickson assisted Danny and Lucy in putting together a business plan and financial projections to submit to the BREP program, which let them see the projected numbers for their new revenue stream. Danny and Lucy were very pleased with the assistance, as was Bob with the BREP program.
Health and government officials are working together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the American people. Small businesses are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy.
In its fifth year, the 2020 San Angelo Business Plan Competition is a three-phase business plan competition with cash prizes totaling $70K as well as in-kind prizes donated by local businesses. The competition is made up of three phases. Phase I is the first entry point and consists of a two-page business overview along with the entry form which are due August 3rd, 2020. The competition is open to those who want to develop a new business or expand an existing business in San Angelo. View the complete competition guidelines to learn more about the three phases of the competition and the eligibility requirements.
Training and Events
Small Business Management Certificate Program