Anti-Fraud and Anti-Embezzlement Initiative
Fraud and embezzlement are happening right here in West Texas. Learn more about prevention and detection with these resources!
The ASU Small Business Development Center and the City of San Angelo Development Corporation are responding to a request from the 119th District Attorney’s Office to help create awareness of potential fraud and embezzlement. Fraud and Embezzlement can occur in for-profit and non-profit organizations if not prevented. In fact, fraud and embezzlement cases are increasing right here in West Texas. Prevention tips and information from your CPA can help your organization prevent a damaging and expensive situation.
Organizations that are offering help to sponsor the awareness Anti-Fraud and Anti-Embezzlement Initiative are The City of San Angelo Development Corporation and area CPA firms of Armstrong Backus & Co., Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek, and Chilton Wilcox and Fortenberry. Links to their websites and other helpful links are listed below. For help in preventing or uncovering suspected fraud or embezzlement, please seek assistance from your CPA firm.
- Armstrong Backus & Co LLP CPA’s
- Chilton Wilcox and Fortenberry of San Angelo CPA’s
- Oliver, Rainey & Wojtek LLP CPA’s
- Fraud Magazine (full of articles that discuss fraud and embezzlement)
- NOLO - Online Legal Assistance
- Chron - Online Resource
- 2017 Hiscox Embezzlement Study
- Online Learning Video: Fraud and Anti-Embezzlement Awareness - Filmed as a live class hosted at the Business Resource Center.