The Small Business Management Certificate Program was designed for aspiring entrepreneurs or for business owners with less than one year in business.
The program’s goal is to provide essential business tools for up-and-coming business owners. Completion of this program will enhance your management skills and provide a good foundation for success.
The Small Business Development Center’s (SBDC) Business Development Specialists will provide one-on-one professional advising to assist you with the start-up or expansion process of your potential or existing business.
Requirements for completing the program:
- Submit enrollment form online with a one-time enrollment fee of $75
- Complete all requirements as a self-paced program within a time period of 12 months.
- View required seminars (Core & Electives to total 10 seminars)
- Schedule an appointment and meet with an SBDC Advisor
- Complete IRS Start-Up Virtual Module (send email confirmation to program coordinator)
- Write a draft business plan for review by your advisor
- When all requirements are met request a certificate review to verify you have completed the required elements.
You will not have to pay fees for seminars taken to fulfill your SBMCP requirements. (In other words, REQUIRED seminars may be attended for no fee if there is one charged. The program does not allow free attendance for any other seminar not fulfilling requirements.)
IRS Tax Module
The IRS Tax Module can be found online: https://www.irsvideos.gov/Business/SBTW. Please review the information provided and email the SBDC training program (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a written confirmation that you have reviewed the material in the module.
- Starting Your Own Business? What You Need to Know!
- Business Plan I (“Narrative”)
- Business Plan II (“Financials”)
- Financing Options (“Finding Funding for Your Business”)
- Marketing (“Basics of Marketing & Branding”)
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Choosing Your Legal Structure (“Basics of Business Entities”)
- Bookkeeping Basics or Understanding Cashflow
You can fulfill the online training requirements at any time. After taking an online training module take the quick evaluation and print out a certificate of completion. You may take any topic.
One advising session with an ASU-SBDC Business Development Specialist is required to complete the course. To schedule an advising session (free and confidential) please contact our main office at 325-942-2098.
Upon Registration & Payment Participants receive:
- Free attendance to seminars is required to earn a certificate
- Digital materials to accompany all online training seminars
- Certificate of Completion when all requirements have been met.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a personalized certificate recognizing their accomplishment.
Once you have met all requirements, you must request a review of completion to receive your certificate. If you have any questions at any point in the program please don’t hesitate to contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com