Emergency Contact Phone Numbers
- Center for International Studies: 325-942-2083 (a CIS staff member is on call after hours)
- On call International Global Assist and Insurance Program:
- 1-603-328-1325 (International)
- 1-855-878-9589 (U.S. and Canada)
- 1-603-945-0103 (Text Only)
- U.S. State Department’s Overseas Citizens Service: 202-501-4444
- U.S. State Department’s Overseas Citizens Service: 202-647-5225 for relatives and friends who need to relate messages and/or wire money to a student abroad. (This service can be accessed on weekdays from 8:15 a.m.–10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m.–2 p.m.)
All students traveling abroad are encouraged to register with the U.S. State Department. This allows American officials to know the location of any particular ASU student in the event of an emergency. If family members need to reach you in case of an emergency, they can relate a message to you through the Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 202-647-5225. The message will then be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country you are visiting.
All students traveling abroad receive an Emergency Contact Card with the Center for International Studies’ phone number for 24-hour emergency assistance. The Emergency Contact Card also has the phone numbers of the U.S. embassies in the countries that you are visiting.