Call For Papers
Journal of Homeland and National Security Perspectives (JHNSP)
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2016
The Journal of Homeland and National Security Perspectives (JHNSP), a publication of the Center for Security Studies at Angelo State University, seeks manuscripts for an upcoming issue on Intelligence and Security Challenges in the 21st Century for the spring 2016 issue, Vol. 3,No. 1.
The spring 2016 issue of JHNSP is a venue for authors to share ideas and exchange informationabout the past, current and future climate of Intelligence and Security. Historically, national security has focused on strategies that leaders – military and political – pursue to promote and defend their own national interests. However in the first fifteen years of the twenty-first century the global community has grown more interdependent as the number and nature of the threats are escalating and becoming increasingly more complex. In the future, threats will continue to transgress national boundaries and portend to challenge the health of western society and perhaps even the survival of humanity. Thus, the current list of immediate and long-term threats to our national interests looms ever larger. Enemies now are inclusive of interstate conflicts, genocidal civil wars, human rights abuse, direct assaults targeted against civilian populations by terrorist organizations, weapons of mass destruction proliferation, and worldwide pandemics. In response to these developments, a new perspective on intelligence, homeland defense, and national security must emerge. In this edition of the JHNSP, the editorial board invite topics which address the challenges faced by the Intelligence community and policy makers marching through the twenty-first century and navigating these new obstacles.
About the Journal
The mission of the Journal of Homeland and National Security Perspectives is to contribute original, innovative, and timely student-initiated, peer-reviewed research of a significant security concern within the U.S. and abroad.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their manuscripts conform to the journal style.
- Abstract. Manuscripts should include an abstract of no more than 150 words.
- Citations. JHNSP uses referencing styles in conformity with The Chicago Manual StyleGuide or APA. Proper formatting is imperative.
- Length. Articles published by the JHNSP are typically about 2,000 to 3,750 words inlength (eight to 15 pages). Occasionally, the Journal will consider publication of shorteror longer articles on a case-by-case basis.
- Original Work. All submissions must be original and not draw substantially frompreviously published work.
- Prepare and submit manuscripts in Microsoft Word format. Do not submit in PDF format.
- Double-space and left justify manuscripts.
- Do not insert line spaces between new paragraphs. Indent or tab new paragraphs.
- Insert a single line space before new section breaks. Center and bold font section headings.
- Main Body—12 pt. Georgia font, Multiple Line Spacing 1.2
- Main Headers—14 pt. Georgia font, Bold-faced
- Sub-Headers—12 pt. Georgia font, Italicized
- Footnotes—10 pt. Georgia font, single-spaced
- Margins: Manuscripts should have 1” margins on the Left and Right, and 1” margins onthe top and bottom of the page.
- Define all abbreviations/acronyms at their first use.
- Italicize foreign words and phrases in each instance.
- Set off long quotations (more than three lines) from the surrounding text by additional space above and below;use quotation marks and footnote the reference with a full citation.
- Include page numbers at the bottom right of each page.
- Carefully proofread manuscripts to ensure that they contain no typographical, spelling or grammatical errors.
- Images, figures, and Tables:
- To the extent possible, images and figures should appear in the document when initially referenced in the text.
- Include all images with your submission and save as high-resolution .jpg or .gif files. High resolution means at least 300 dots per inch (DPI) and at least 800x800 pixels in size.
- Tables should appear in the document where they are referenced in the text.
Submit manuscripts online via https://journals.tdl.org/jhnsp/index.php/jhnsp
Please click the “Register” tab to create a Username and Password. Once you create your Username and Password, you may submit your manuscript.