Concert: ASU Jazz Ensemble
Angelo State University’s Jazz Ensemble will present its annual spring concert on Tuesday, April 17, in the ASU Auditorium located inside the Mayer Administration Building, 2601 W. Avenue N.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. and is open free to the public.
The musical program for the spring concert will include:
- “88 Basie Street” by Sammy Nestico, featuring John Talley on piano
- “Tiger of San Pedro” by John LaBarbera, featuring Riley Jarabek on trumpet, Luke Shinkle on tenor sax and Matt Bowers on trombone
- “If I Could” by Pat Metheny as arranged by Bob Curnow, featuring LaMont Allen on alto sax
- “Back to Being One” by Bruce Johnstone as arranged by Gordon Brisker, featuring Nic Pittman on baritone sax
- “It Don’t Mean a Thing” by Duke Ellington as arranged by Tommy Newsom, featuring Jarabek on trumpet and Shinkle on tenor sax
Following a brief intermission, the ensemble will perform:
- “Reet’s Neat” by Phil Woods, featuring Allen on alto sax, Talley on piano, Joe Torres on trumpet, Mario Martinez on tenor sax and Sean Curry on bass guitar
- “North Africa” by Chick Corea as arranged by Mike Tomaro, featuring Martinez on tenor sax
- “Across the Sky” by Pat Metheny as arranged by Bob Curnow, featuring Martinez on tenor sax
- “Every Summer Night” by Pat Metheny as arranged by Bob Curnow, featuring Talley on piano and Mario Cardenas on alto sax
- “Sing, Sing, Sing” by Louis Prima as arranged by Tommy Newsom, featuring Will DeForest on trumpet and Luis Gomez on drums