Brass and Percussion Ensembles Concert
ASU’s Percussion Ensemble, Trumpet Ensemble and Low Brass Ensemble will present a special joint concert on Friday, April 13, in the Carr Education-Fine Arts (EFA) Building, 2602 Dena Drive.
Titled “Exhilaration,” the concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the EFA Building’s Eldon Black Recital Hall and is open free to the public. The musical program will include:
- Percussion Ensemble – “Celebration” by Tim Chatwood (world premiere)
- Low Brass Ensemble – “Vexilla Regis” and “Locus Iste” by Anton Bruckner and “Power” by John Stevens
- Percussion Ensemble – “Stubernic” by Mark Ford
- Trumpet Ensemble – “Corners” by Bernie Scherr and “Lumen” by Frederick Speck
- Percussion Ensemble – “Head Talk” by Mark Ford, “Flight of Virtuosity for Six Handclappers” by Greg A. Steinke and “Triplets” by George H. Green
- Combined Ensembles – “#9-Heavy Swing” by Jim Olcott and “Fiesta Latina” by Lalo Davila
Special guest performers will be American composers and musicians Tim Chatwood and Bert Truax.
Truax will also present a master class titled “Sometimes the magic works…sometimes it doesn’t” at 4 p.m. on April 13 in the EFA Building’s Band Hall. The master class is also open free to the public.