ASU Low Brass Festival
The festival will run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in rooms throughout the EFA Building and is open free to the public. Everyone interested in broadening their knowledge and skills on the trombone, bass trombone, euphonium or tuba is encouraged to bring their instrument and participate in the festival.
The festival will also feature masterclasses and performances by guest artists Brent Phillips, associate professor of trombone at Baylor University, and the FivE euphonium quartet.
ASU Low Brass Festival Schedule:
- 8-8:45 a.m. – Check-in (EFA main lobby)
- 8:45-9 a.m. – Welcome Meeting (EFA Room 134)
- 9-9:50 a.m. – Warm-Up Class with faculty and guest artists (EFA Room 134)
- 10-10:50 a.m. – Masterclasses with ASU faculty and guest artists (EFA various rooms)
- 11-11:50 a.m. – Brent Phillips Masterclass (EFA Room 101)
- Noon-1:30 p.m. – Lunch on your own
- 1:30-2:50 p.m. – FivE Concert (ASU Auditorium, Mayer Administration Building)
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Mass Low Brass Ensemble Rehearsal (EFA Room 134)
- 4-4:50 p.m. – Faculty Recital and Mass Ensemble Performance (EFA Eldon Black Recital Hall)
- 5-6 p.m. – Brent Phillips Featured Recital (EFA Eldon Black Recital Hall)