ASU Symphony Orchestra Chamber Concert
The ASU Symphony Orchestra will present a chamber orchestra concert on Friday, Nov. 2, at the First Presbyterian Church, 32 N. Irving St., in downtown San Angelo.
The concert will begin at 7 p.m. and is open free to the public. The ASU Symphony Orchestra comprises more than 40 student musicians and is directed by Dr. Fagner Rocha, assistant professor of music.
The musical program will include:
- “Overture - Suite” in A Minor by Georg Phillip Telemann
- “Double Violin Concerto” in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Bach at the Double” by Teddy Bor
- Sentimental Sarabande from “Simple Symphony Op. 4” by Benjamin Britten
- “Symphony No. 29” in A Major by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Featured soloists will include Rocha on violin; Emilee Hall-Rocha, Central High School Orchestra director, on violin; and Dr. Louellen Meyer of San Angelo on harpsichord. They will join the orchestra for the famous “Double Violin Concerto” and “Bach at the Double.”