Night of Brass: ASU Brass Ensembles Concert
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the EFA Building’s Eldon Black Recital Hall and is open free to the public. ASU’s Trumpet Ensemble and Low Brass Ensemble will perform a variety of musical selections by Baroque, Classical and contemporary composers. The musical program will include:
- “Prelude and Fugue for Trumpet Choir” by Eric Ewazen
- Psalm 19: “The Heavens Declare the Glory of God” by Benedetto Marcello
- “The Rakes of Mallow” by Leroy Anderson
- “Triforium” by Bernard Andrés
- “Ye Banks and Braes O’ Bonnie Doon” by Percy Grainger
- “Dürrenhorn Passage” by Kevin McKee
Low Brass Ensemble
- “Concerto Grosso” by Francesco Geminiani
- “Benediction” by John Stevens
- “Fugue in G Minor” by W.A. Mozart & Simon Sechter
- “Prayer” by Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Second Suite in F” by Gustav Holst
The two ensembles will combine with percussion students for the finale Suite from the “Danserye” by Tylman Susato.
The Trumpet Ensemble is directed by Dr. John Irish, professor of music. The Low Brass Ensemble features students on trombone, bass trombone, euphonium and tuba. It is directed by Dr. Matthew Shipes, assistant professor of music.