Concert: San Angelo Community Band 30th Anniversary
The SACB is directed by Dr. Constance Kelley of the ASU music faculty, and its 50-plus members include ASU students and faculty.
The 30th anniversary concert will also feature three guest conductors:
- Harris Brinson – SACB director from 1989-2003, ASU Professor Emeritus, former ASU director of bands
- David Scott – SACB director from 2003-12, former ASU director of bands and head of the Department of Art and Music, currently a music professor and associate dean at Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Daniel McCloud – SACB director in 2012-13, former ASU director of bands, currently director of university bands at Methodist University in North Carolina
The musical program for the 30th anniversary concert will include:
- “Also Sprach Zarathustra” by Richard Strauss
- “American Salute” by Morton Gould
- “Serenata,” “Syncopated Clock” and “Rakes of Mallow” by LeRoy Anderson
- “Serenade for a Picket Fence” by Norman Leyden, featuring Daniel McCloud on percussion
- “Canterbury Chorale” by Jan Van der Roost
- “Pearl of the Concho” by Daniel McCloud
- “Stars and Stripes Forever” by John Philip Sousa
The San Angelo Community Band made its debut with a concert at the San Angelo RiverStage on May 30, 1989.