ASU String Orchestra Concert
For the “Concerto Barroco,” the String Orchestra will perform works by some of the most famous baroque composers, including Johann Sebastian Bach, Georg Phillip Telemann, Jean-Baptiste Lully, Antonio Vivaldi and Arcangelo Corelli.
The musical program will include:
- “Chaconne des Scaramouches Trivelins et Arlequins” by J.B. Lully
- “Concerto for Violin in G Major” by G.P. Telemann
- “Concerto for Violin in A minor” J.S. Bach
- “Concerto for 2 Violins in A minor” by A. Vivaldi
- “Concerto Grosso” Op. 6 No. 7 by A. Corelli
- “Brandenburg Concert No. 3” by J.S. Bach
Several ASU student soloists will also be featured on violin, including Danielle Mullen of San Antonio, Elizabeth Hahn of Carrollton, Sara Baxter of Georgetown, and Geunyeong An of Jeju, South Korea.
The ASU String Orchestra is directed by Dr. Fagner M. Rocha, assistant professor of music.