Concert: Woodwind Chamber Ensembles
The concert will begin at 7 p.m. in the EFA Building’s Eldon Black Recital Hall and is open free to the public.
The opening portion of the concert will feature the Clarinet Choir performing:
- “Duo No. 1” from “Six Duos” by François Devienne
- “Slavonic Dance No. 8” by Antonin Dvorak
- “Dark Romance” by Daniel Dorff
- “Hungarian Dance No. 5” by Johannes Brahms
- “Wind in the Reeds” by Gordon Jacob
Following a brief intermission, the Saxophone Quartets will perform:
- “Rialto Ripples” by George Gershwin
- “Pastorale” from “Suite for Saxophone Quartet” by Paul Creston
- “Fantasia” by Orlando Gibbons
- “Piece V” by Cesar Franck
- “Wapango” by Paquito D’Rivera
Both the Clarinet Choir and Saxophone Quartets are directed by Dr. Timothy Bonenfant, ASU professor of music.