ASU Big Band: Latin Jazz Concert
The ASU Big Band features students performing on trumpets, trombones, saxophones and a full Latin jazz rhythm section, including piano, guitar, bass, percussion and drum set. Styles for the “Latin Jazz” concert will include cascara, samba, mambo, bossa nova and calypso.
The musical program for the concert will feature:
- “Nicas Dream” by Horace Silver
- “Caravan” by Duke Ellington
- “Afro Blue” by Mongo Santamaria
- “One Note Samba” by Stan Getz
- “Girl from Ipanema” by Antonio Carlos Jobim
- “Cuban Pete” by Jose Norman
- “Samba Del Gringo” by Gordon Goodwin
The Big Band is a component of the ASU Jazz Ensembles Program, which offers diverse and creative, small- and large-group jazz performance experiences. It covers a wide range of styles, including bebop, Latin jazz, free jazz, funk, hip-hop and many others. Members of the Big Band are selected by audition.