Business Brown Bag: The Shifting Paradigm of Sales and Marketing
12:00pm - 1:00pm CDT September 20, 2012
The Shifting Paradigm of Sales and Marketing
- Description of demographic changes and time spent with both traditional and new media
- Evolution of media
- The way we were…and the way we live today.
- Social Media
- Effects of technology on lives (and our customers)
- Examples of successful brands
- Why certain brands are memorable
- Understanding buying cycles and developing brand equity
- Key elements of developing a brand
- Baby boomers
- Traditional media strengths and challenges
- New Media its evolution and effects
- Review of essential elements in marketing/brand development for small business
Bio: John Mark Kerr
John is President of JetStar Revenue Solutions, and New Markets Media. An advertising and marketing solutions company designed to aid small to medium sized businesses with Ad campaigns and website development/redevelopment and hosting. Expressly created for those too busy working IN their business to work ON their business.
John began his 30 year career in broadcasting in his native state of Arkansas, while still in high school. In college, John became an award winning radio news director. He was an early contributor to CNN Radio and covered former presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan and Clinton.
In a break from traditional broadcasting, John joined the staff of U.S. Senator Dale Bumpers, in media relations, before moving to Texas and the transition into broadcasting management in east, central, and western Texas.
John has also worked in sports branding and network operations with the Universities of Arkansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Arizona.
He has been credited with development of innovative sales training programs in direct sales resulting in record bottom line profits. His other experience includes radio and television network sales, and management and the development of one of the most successful outdoor advertising companies in the southeastern, U.S. He was named as Small Business Journalist of the year in 2004 by the U.S. Small Business Administration. He has directed the creation and expansion of three successful broadcast groups as a manager or owner in San Angelo since 1995. He currently consults with commercial radio stations in the U.S. and Europe, in business-to-business sales, marketing and management.
John, and wife, Sandy, have three grown kids, Major, Alexis, and Meagan.