Enhance your education… go to graduate school!
March 01, 2016
Are you considering going to graduate school? This is a great way to further invest in your future, and we encourage you to explore your different options.
Why go to graduate school?
Below are a few common reasons for which people attend grad schools:
- Advance your career. A grad degree can open up a wider array of career opportunities.
- Enhance your education. Graduate schools can provide opportunities to explore theories you may have about a topic.
- Get research opportunities. Even if you do not get to explore your own theories, there are other opportunities to participate in research.
- Higher potential for future promotion. While obtaining a graduate degree does not necessarily always lead to a high-paying job right away, it can open up opportunities for future promotions.
The cost of tuition fees and extra length of time in school are two big things to consider when searching for a graduate program. Take a moment to learn more about graduate programs offered at Angelo State University along with the Carr Graduate Scholarships.
Below is a list of graduate programs offered at ASU:
- Accounting (M.P.Ac.)
- Agriculture (M.Ag.)
- Animal Science (M.S.)
- Biology (M.S.)
- Biology – Science Education (M.S.)
- Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Coaching, Spot, Recreation and Fitness Administration (M. Ed.)
- Communication (M.A.)
- Criminal Justice (M.S.)
- Curriculum and Instruction – Advanced Instructor (M.A.)
- Curriculum And Instruction – Teacher Education (M.A.)
- Educational Administration (M.Ed.)
- English (M.A.)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (M.S.N.)
- Guidance and Counseling (M.Ed.)
- Homeland Security (M.S.)
- Intelligence, Security Studies and Analysis (M.S.S.)
- Nurse Educator (M.S.N.)
- Physical Therapy (D.P.T.)
- Psychology – Applied (M.S.)
- Psychology – Counseling (M.S.)
- Psychology – Industrial/Organizational (M.S.)
- Security Studies (M.S.S.)
- Student Development and Leadership in Higher Education (M.Ed.)
To apply for admission to a graduate program at ASU
- Fill out an online application and complete necessary essay questions
- Request an official transcript from your undergraduate institution
- Pay your graduate application fee
There are CARR Graduate Scholarships available as well. You must be accepted for graduate admission to ASU as a degree seeking student to be considered for any Carr Graduate Scholarships. The College of Graduate Studies will use your transcripts to calculate your undergraduate GPA. If your overall undergraduate qualifies you for a Carr Graduate Scholarship, you will automatically be considered for a Carr Graduate Scholarship.
For more information about Carr Graduate Scholarships, Carr Graduate Scholarships.