Día de los Muertos: Art After Dark
September 14, 2016
On October 27, 2016, the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Angelo State University will come together for Día de los Muertos: Art After Dark. This event will take place at the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Old Town (1 Love St.). The event will begin at 6 p.m. and end at 9 p.m.
ASU organizations and departments that will participate include:
- Spanish Club- Sugar skull workshop
- Art Club
- ASU Photograohy
- Multicultural & Student Activities Programs- Día de los Muertos altar
- Center for International Studies- Korean Day of the Dead set-up
Other activities at the event will include:
- Vino DiPinte: Alejandro Castañon
- Michelle Cuevas Artworks
- Mexican Bakeries
- “Book of Life” Movie Screening
- Various crafts workshops
- Day of the Dead Parade (7 p.m.)
- Ballet Folklorico (6:30 p.m.)
- Mariachi (7 p.m.)
- Various art vendors
- Various food vendors
- Scavenger hunt
- Day of the Dead dress-up contest
This event will be FREE. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy all the art and food at Art After Dark!
For more information, contact the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts at 325-653-3333.