Health Fitness Specialist
In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support/oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility: administrative/front desk duties, working knowledge and compliance to site specific emergency response plans.
- Motivate Fitness Facility participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events.
- Possess exemplary customer service skills (greet member with a smile, address members by name, anticipate member’s needs).
- Assists with the implementation of all fitness center management activities including: teaching fun, safe and motivating group exercise classes as outlined in contract, floor coverage/front desk coverage, fitness testing, orientations and exercise prescriptions.
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends; professional certifications, e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Assist Program Manager in developing, implementing and evaluating the yearly strategic business plan to identify: contract deliverable, program/ service offerings, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy.
- Strategically support the Program Manager and other site partners as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction.
- Track Fitness Facility usage and program participation including but not limited to group exercise classes and personal training program (ongoing data entry/monthly reports).
- Assist with monthly/quarterly reporting as needed.
- Maintain updated marketing materials at client site aimed to drive program participation.
- Establish a strategic marketing plan as appropriate and in compliance with the site communications guidelines.
- Drive employee engagement around all centrally delivered programs and wellness/fitness center programs effectively.
- Assist with site community events i.e. Operation Smile, Heart Walk, United Way as needed.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc).
- Current CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Experience/Training in Health coaching.
Person of contact is
Program Manager3254825624 or email email@example.com