Ram Round-Up Student Coordinators
Seeking organized, creative and self-motivated individual to help plan, coordinate and implement Ram Round-Up and other transition programs. Position requires an individual with attention to detail, strong communication skills and computer skills. Individual must be proficient in all Microsoft programs; have ability to multi-task and work independently or within a group; and to complete tasks with little supervision and manage time effectively. Individual should display professionalism in all work duties and possess excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: recruiting and interviewing volunteer leaders for Ram Round-Up; develop training for volunteer leaders for Ram Round-Up; coordinating training times/dates for leaders; plan retreat for camp volunteers; creating games and activities for Ram Round-Up; working on logistics of all aspects of camp (games, activities, presentations/speakers, schedules, room/bus/group assignments, etc.) design and modify marketing pieces for print and electronic media; manage social media pages; assist with web page using LiveWhale; help with event promotions and planning; assist with executing events/trainings; take pictures at events/programs; assist with greeting of students, faculty, staff, families and community customers by phone or in person.
- Must demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be a highly effective communicator in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants with a GPA of 3.00 or higher and graduation date of December 2016 or later.
- Coordinators will provide leadership to the volunteer camp staff for these programs and assist in their selection, training, and supervision. Coordinators will need to be able to multi-task in a very visible and demanding department.
- Those chosen must be willing to spend their summer of 2017 at Angelo State University. This job is a BIG commitment and comes with certain sacrifices like potential family vacations, time in your hometown, etc. To be a successful Coordinator, this commitment would need to be your top priority for one year (outside of your academics).
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Flexible around class schedule, expected to work 15-20 hours per week. Will require some evening and weekend duties for events.