September Pride of ASU - Zoe Gibbons
July 19, 2017
Name: Zoe Gibbons
Graduation: May 2018
Hometown: Dickinson, TX
How did you learn about ASU?
- I learned about Angelo State University through my head athletic trainer who is an alumnus of ASU.
Why did you want to attend ASU?
- Initially, I wanted to attend ASU because of I heard about their DPT (Doctorate of Physical Therapy) program. Entering college I aspired to be a physical therapist and through research, found that ASU had a great program.
What is your favorite thing about ASU?
- My favorite thing about ASU (while I have many) is that it is a student-oriented university. The faculty, staff, and professors truly listen to the voices of the student body. At Angelo State University, we are not numbers that fill classrooms; we are valued students with dreams and goals. If I ever need academic help, motivation, or career advice, there is always someone I can talk to on campus. ASU is not only an academic institution, but a family as well; the RamFam.
What are some of your hobbies?
- When I am not studying or engaging in student organizations, I enjoy reading, photography, and occasionally the art of binge-watching a Netflix series.
Are you involved in any student organizations?
- Yes, I am heavily involved in student organizations. The NAACP, HeForShe, SGA (Student Government Association), and the Multicultural Advisory Council are the organizations that I am involved in. Getting involved on campus was one of the best decisions I’ve made while being at ASU!
Do you work on campus? If so, where and what are your responsibilities?
What is one piece of advice you would give to help college students succeed?
- College is not easy and the material doesn’t get easier overtime. However, as you grow over the years you obtain certain skills like time management that help you navigate the material and become successful. Find a healthy balance between your academics and fun, study hard, and manage your time wisely. Embrace every aspect of college (even finals week) and don’t take it for granted because the value and power of education is immeasurable!