- Operate the control room and studio equipment for live, pre-recorded, and remote programming, including sports play-by-play.
- Screen calls for live talk shows.
- Write and post content in the “voice of the station” to digital platforms including web and social media, primarily Talk1370.com and FanstandATX.com.
- Produce podcasts and audio clips and post/distribute accordingly.
- Produce station commercials and promos as directed, including voice work as necessary.
- Work directly with clients to fulfill production requests in support of live programming, either directly or facilitating with station production staff depending on needs & complexity.
- Monitor station during automated periods to ensure proper timing and operation.
- Monitor for breaking news and take appropriate actions according to station policies & procedures.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations as well as station and company policies.
- Represent the station in a highly respectable, professional manner at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Flexible schedule. Shifts will primarily be on Saturdays and Sundays, but weeknight or holiday shifts may be needed to accommodate sports play-by-play, breaking news, or other special programming.
- Proficiency with radio station equipment, audio editing software, and radio automation systems, primarily Adobe Audition and WideOrbit.
- Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines, able to multi-task, and perform well under pressure with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Familiarity with video production & digital non-linear editing (Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with basic web graphics production (Photoshop/Photoshop Elements)
- Ability to accurately write, rewrite, and edit news copy for broadcast and web.
- Familiarity with the concepts of AP style.
- A passion for news, politics, and current events.
- A passion for high school soprts and spotlighting student athletes.
This position is between 10 and 20 hours per week, mostly on weekends with some weeknights and fill-in/holiday shifts as needed.
If interested, apply at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=13376