Online School Counseling Master’s Degrees Earn Multiple National Rankings
June 12, 2019
Angelo State University’s online master’s degree programs for people interested in becoming public school and higher education counselors have been ranked among the best and most affordable in the nation for 2019 by multiple higher education resource guides.
Master of Science (M.S.) in professional school counseling is designed for candidates interested in careers as Texas school counselors. The online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in guidance and counseling is designed for those interested in careers as public school counselors (non-Texas certification), college and university counselors, and other positions in counseling.ASU’s online
The M.Ed. in guidance and counseling has been ranked No. 1 in the U.S. among the “Top 20 Best Master’s in School Counseling Online 2019” by TopEducationDegrees.org. Additional top rankings for the program include:
- TopCounselingSchools.org – No. 2 among the “Top 30 Master’s in Educational Counseling Online 2019”
- BestCollegesOnline.org - No. 5 among the “30 Most Affordable Online Master’s in School Counseling Online Programs 2019”
- BestCollegeReviews.org – No. 7 among the “20 Best Master’s in School Counseling Online for 2019”
- SuccessfulStudent.org – No. 14 among the “25 Best Online Master’s in School Counseling Degrees”
- BestColleges.com – No. 19 among the “25 Best Online Master’s in School Counseling Programs”
Additionally, the M.S. in professional school counseling and M.Ed. in guidance and counseling have jointly been ranked No. 5 among the “29 Most Affordable Master’s in Counseling Online Degrees 2019” by TopCounselingSchools.org.
Each of the higher education resource guides used a combination of data from the National Center for Education Statistics and school websites to formulate their rankings. Criteria included accreditation, affordability, flexible curriculum, faculty profiles, student-to-faculty ratio, student support services, online course delivery systems, and internship/practicum opportunities.
Both ASU master’s degree programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), and the GRE exam is not required for admission. They offer eight-week courses that are 100 percent online, allowing candidates to accelerate completion of their degree and work on their own schedule.
More details about all of ASU’s online master’s degree programs in education/curriculum and instruction are available at www.angelo.edu/ci.