Graduate Assistant / Graduate Student Assistant
Candidates should be enrolled in a graduate program at Angelo State University.
- Assist a diverse student population with the process of applying for accommodations; Meet with students on occasion regarding requested accommodations, and suggest these for approval by the Director of Student Disability Services;
- Process initial applications and renewal forms; Prepare Letters of Accommodation for signature;
- Represent the Office of Student Affairs during recruiting events and student orientation programs, visiting with prospective students and parents regarding services offered; Represent the Director of Student Disability Services and the Office of Student Affairs at off-campus events as needed;
- Knowledge of and adherence to FERPA, maintain confidentiality of student information and all files pertaining to student disability services;
- Use Banner and Banner Self-Service to track and report on students;
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across campus to identify reasonable accommodations for students; Assist in the planning, advertising and implementation of awareness programs;
- Administration of exams and quizzes for students with accommodations;
- Research and become familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the subsequent Amendment Act (ADAAA) and any legislation tied to the services offered through Student Disability Services;
- Familiarity with and knowledge of various forms of assistive technology;
- Cross-training with other Student Affairs departments;
- Work with transfer students applying for membership in Tau Sigma, the transfer student honor society;
- Other duties as assigned.
17.5 – 20 hours per week (depending on the position) generally Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours required.
Depending on qualifications
Interested graduate students should submit a letter of interest and a résumé to email@example.com or deliver in person to the Office of Student Affairs, located in the Houston Harte University Center, Office Suite 112.