ASU Computer Science holds Open House
October 15, 2019
At the event, students, faculty, staff and guests enjoyed food, drink and conversation. Current students met former ASU CS students now working for local employers such as ASU IT and TimeClock Plus. There were several presenters:
- Erdoğan Doğdu, Professor and department chair, spoke about computer science and career prospects.
- Paul Swets, dean of the College of Science and Engineering, spoke about the college.
- Rob LeGrand, Associate Professor, spoke about the International Collegiate Programming Contest.
- Lopa Roychoudhuri, Associate Professor, spoke about starting a student chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Brian Braden and Ty Walden spoke about opportunities in ASU IT.
- Cade Moorman spoke about opportunities at TimeClock Plus.
Images from the open house can be seen in the CS Open House 2019 gallery.
Speaking of networking, consider joining our LinkedIn group! We have reached 70 members—current students, former students, faculty and staff.