• Possess excitement and pride for ASU. A strong interest and desire to help new students and their families make a positive transition to ASU.
• Exhibit leadership potential and a commitment to the mission of Orientation Programs, strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of team members as well as incoming students and families.
• Ability to solve problems, manage conflict and remain flexible under pressure.
• Must be in good judicial standing with the university.
• Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking student in good academic standing. Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; Graduate applicants must have a minimum of 3.0.
• Assist in the welcoming and transitioning of our incoming students to ASU.
• Foster an environment that helps new students develop an identity as ASU community members.
• Encourage student involvement as members of the ASU campus community.
• Facilitate icebreakers and lead discussions on transition topics with new students.
• Assist in course registration.
• Familiarize new students with campus services and building locations.
• Attend all training events, Orientation dates and Rambunctious Week events determined necessary.
• Help in the preparation of Orientation events (i.e. packet stuffing, set-up, etc.).
Please review the application for specific dates. Application can be accessed here: https://forms.gle/JSnhAwGWivnN6nYg6
$7.25/hr - paid for training and program dates