Tasting Room Assistant I
Candidate must be TABC server trained and certified or successfully complete certification within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent people skills; able to project a friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last minute requests
- Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers
- Assists customers with transporting wine to their vehicles
- Describes wines and winery history to customers
- Answers visitor’s questions and able to provide general tourist information
- Open to working on site special events after hours or off property if needed
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and our wines
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned
- May be assigned other tasks or be asked to participate in other activities both on site and off site as needed.
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or qualified experience required
- Retail experience a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day
Thursday-Sunday 11:30 am - 8:00 pm, Flexible
$10 - $15/hour with tips
Call Wendi Neff at 713-858-0563 or the office at 325-315-8077.