Must be 18 years of age and hold a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have experience in and a thorough knowledge of food preparation and characteristics of foods. Must be able to plan, coordinate, and time sequence steps needed to prepare entire meals on time without overcooking or waste. Must be able to adjust recipes for servings required, substitutions and seasonings; recognize characteristics of foods in deciding that raw materials are fresh; and judge prepared food by color, consistency, temperature, odor, and taste. Experience and knowledge must have been gained in a restaurant, club, cafeteria, or similar establishment. Must be physically able to frequently lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds, and occasionally over 40 pounds. Must be able to continuously stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull and bend for long periods of time. Must be able to satisfactory complete a pre-employment physical and AF required immunizations. Must be able to obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate and/or complete food handler’s training. Must acquire CPR and First Aid certification. Must be able to satisfactory complete a Tier-1 Background Investigation.
- Using a full range of quantity cooking procedures from common or frequently used to new or difficult recipes, over a period of time prepares a variety of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, sauces, and gravies.
- On a day-to-day basis, prepares four or more menu items for one meal which involves planning and coordinating steps to ensure all items are ready for serving at the same time; or prepares menu items using special or difficult recipes involving many steps, ingredients, or long preparation time; or may do both.
- Prepares and presents food so that it is visually appealing to customers. Examine all food for quality and freshness before preparation. May make adjustments or substitutions in food preparations procedures and seasoning to make the food more attractive and to improve taste.
- May test and evaluate new food products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Guaranteed 20hr, can work up to 40hr/wk. You may be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
$12.99 to $15.16/hr
Apply online at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578041200