August 24, 2012
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Developing skill in expressing oneself orally or in writing
- Learning to analyze and critically evaluate ideas, arguments, and points of view
- use reading and writing for inquiry, learning, critical thinking, and communicating
English, Communications, Any
This assignment must be typed. Part 1: Choose an editorial from a news source printed between the dates 7-7 and 7-13. Read the editorial closely and carefully so that you fully understand the main idea and argument. Part 2: Write a 200 word response to the editorial. Your response must be 200 words exactly. After you have typed the response, you should count each word in the sentence and put the word count for that sentence in the right-hand margin. Your header should follow MLA format and you must include the bibliographic information in either MLA or APA format.
- Your thesis needs to be the first sentence of the essay. Your last sentence should draw an appropriate conclusion to the piece.
- Do not quote from the editorial.
- If you are unsure of your editorial, email me to ask.
Submission provided by:
Amy M. Williamson
Department of Curriculum and Instruction