Graduate Assistant – Student Activities
Center for International Studies-English Language Learners’ Institute (ELLI)
The ELLI graduate assistant works closely with in the ELLI program coordinator to plan and execute cultural events on campus and in the community for the English Language Learning students here at ASU. This individual also serves as a liaison between the international students and university offices. Primary tasks include, but are not limited to: event planning and coordinating (including the Conversation Groups program), supervision and evaluation of ELLI interns, customer service, and data entry.
Current event examples include:
- Conversation Groups
- Monthly Conversation Group Facilitator Meetings
- Intramural international sport teams
- Monthly all-campus Conversation Groups events
This position requires strong skills in leadership, interpersonal communication, and cultural competency. It is imperative that this individual can be flexible with frequent change. They must also possess a willingness to understand and work through communication barriers that are concomitant in dealing with internationals.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- hold a bachelor’s degree (or have earned one by August 2017) with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- currently be enrolled in or accepted to an ASU graduate program that starts no later than August 2017.
- be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and able to withhold confidential information.
- have a passion for serving international students.
Up to 17.5 hours/week (schedule will vary)
Please contact Meghan Pace at Meghan.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. You may also submit your resume for consideration.