Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Career Development

Search Site

Information for:

Graduate Assistant-OVW

Employer: Angelo State University Office of Student Services
Posted: February 20, 2014


The Office of Student Services is seeking a Graduate Assistant (GA).  We are looking for an energetic, people-person with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn. The GA will assist with social media, writing and editing, event support, special projects, research and administrative work. The GA will report to the Director of Student Services.

Primary responsibilities, include (but are not limited to) the following:

  • Maintain and develop social media content about Student Services for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
  • Assist in the Student Conduct process
  • Assist with programs sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs
  • Prepare and disseminate information as needed.
  • May be asked to participate in various meetings and planning sessions along with the Director of Student Services.
  • May be asked to represent the Office of Student Services in certain situations.
  • Coordinate meeting and call schedules of the Director of Student Services.
  • Administrative support as needed.
  • Other duties as assigned


  • A current graduate at Angelo State University
  • Highly organized, detail-oriented, results driven and motivated by project management and deadlines
  • Excellent written and verbal communications skills
  • Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe programs
  • Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
  • Flexibility with work tasks
  • Ability to maintain confidentiality


10 hrs/week




Students who are interested in this position should follow the application instructions at the following location:

Along with the application, please submit a Letter of Interest explaining your interest in this position.  Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of completed applications.


Send all application materials to Audrey Wilson at


Contact the Office of Student Affairs if you have any questions.