Student Assistant- Work study only
- Serve as student assistant of the Financial Aid Office, greeting visitors and answering the telephone; provide information regarding financial aid and related programs to students, staff, and parents.
- Assist in reviews information on all incoming documents needed for financial aid applications, and communicates with applicants concerning the requirements needed to complete application process to award federal, state, and institutional programs.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Operate a variety of office machines and equipment including a computer and related software and financial aid systems.
- Research financial aid records as requested.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties and related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of: general office practice, procedures and equipment; telephone techniques and etiquette; record-keeping techniques; operation of office machines and applicable software including work processing, spreadsheets, and email; oral and written communication skills; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy. Looking for dependable, and cooperative people who can keep all information confidential.
Ability to: perform clerical and public contact work in support of the Financial Aid Office; answer telephones and greet the public courteously; understand and follow financial aid regulations; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; work confidentially with discretion; sit for an extended period of time.
Working Conditions: Environment: Office environment. Constant interruptions.
Up to 20 hours a week.
Bring application & resume to Hardeman building, room 101.