City of San Angelo
- Coordinates and performs a variety of lifeguard duties on behalf of the city’s Parks and Recreation department.
- Monitors the activities of swimmers, and identifies and addresses unsafe swimming practices/behavior by patrons.
- Explains and enforces facility rules and regulations.
- Responds to emergency situations
- Administers First Aid and/or CPR as required
- Prepares and submits accident and incident reports.
- Participates in cleaning and maintaining swimming pool facilities.
- Documents and performs chemical testing.
- Cleans and sanitizes pool area, concession area, and restrooms
- Assists in ensuring pool facilities are safely and properly maintained for use by the public. participates in opening and closing of the pool area.
- Provides staff support to other recreation personnel as required.
Must be a minimum of 16 years of age with parental/guardian waiver. Lifeguard Training and First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certifications issued by American Red Cross are required. Required knowledge of Parks and Recreation Department operations, policies, and procedures; municipal aquatic facilities and services, and principles and practices of rules and regulations, administering First Aid and CPR to include the use of an AED. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff, patrons, and the general public. Work is performed in and around municipal swimming pool facilities. Subject to swimming, sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing ladders, and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Exposure to water, pool chemicals, cleaning agents, infectious diseases, blood borne pathogens, and bodily fluids involved. Exposure to UV light/rays at outdoor swimming pools is involved. A valid driver’s license with a good driving record or reliable transportation is required.
Hours are Sunday through Saturday from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm with varying schedule.
$7.50-$10.50/hour depending on experience
Applications must be submitted by closing date.
Office: (325) 657-4221; Fax (325) 657-4530
Website: www.cosatx.us / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org