Graduate Assistant (Pearl of the Concho Writing Project)
The Pearl of the Concho Writing Project graduate assistant works closely with the Pearl of the Concho program coordinator to plan and execute writing camps, conferences, and workshops in both the spring and summer semesters. This position requires strong skills in leadership, interpersonal communication, and must be able to work independently and complete tasks with little supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communication with event participants – phone, written, electronic, etc.
- Receive, deposit, & receipt participant fees
- Assist with the logistics of preparation and running of camps and workshops (reservation paperwork, prepare supply & catering orders, track registration, etc.)
- Keep detailed records of events for future use
- Ability to operate personal computers (especially Macs) & use appropriate software such as Microsoft Office Applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Skill in written & oral communication
- Ability to organize and complete tasks in an accurate & timely manner with minimal supervision
- Skilled in critical thinking to anticipate potential problems or issues
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, students, and the general public in a professional manner
Flexible around class schedule, expected to work up to 17.5 hours per week. Possible weekend duties during workshop events.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org