Laundry Machine Operator
Employer: Goodfellow AFB
Posted: February 12, 2020
- Operate approximately 1 to 4 washer extractors ranging from 60-100 pound capacity of which most all are computerized and hooked up to automated additive dispensary lines.
- Operates approximately 1 to 4 gas heated dryers ranging from 75-120 pound capacity. Will also operate a small piece folder, automatic folder and flat work ironer.
- Removes wet loads from washer and places in basket by lots and places into dryers exercising care and judgment with regard to overloading and distributing articles in cylinder so as to avoid scorching of items.
- Operates government vehicle up to one ton on a regular basis and reoccurring bases. Makes daily linen pick-up and delivery throughout transient facilities. Receives soiled linen, verifies count, and sorts linen by type. Delivers furniture, appliances, supplied, etc., as required.
- Maintains a record of all linen processed, to include but not limited to, daily pick-up and deliveries by building, monthly totals of linen processed, monthly and semi-annual inventories, salvages, and deliveries of new linen. Recommends quantities to purchase to replenish stock.
- Experience in and knowledge used in laundry operations is recommended. Working knowledge of commercial laundry equipment is desirable but not required. Basic computer knowledge desired but not required. Must be able to occasionally handle objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must have experience in the operation of motor vehicles, with a gross vehicle weight up to 7,000 pounds. Must possess a valid drivers’ license. Must be able to exert light physical effort in reaching, bending, turning or moving hands, feet and legs to operate hand and foot controls. This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment drug test and is subject to random testing for drug use. Must be able to satisfactorily complete and pre-employment physicals. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a Tier-1 background investigation.
Guaranteed 20 hours, can work up to 40 hours per week
Apply online at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/559525100#how-to-apply